Unique Million Dollar Works,
collaborations with luxury brands and celebrities:
Takashi Murakami is the most famous and highly rated Japanese artist in the world.
Inserted in the list of the 10 most influential artists in the world as early as 2008, his climb has continued unstoppable year after year.
- in 2001, like Andy Warhol, he founded his factory, "Kaikai Kiki Co.", a company that now has hundreds of employees who assist him in the production of his creations.
- in the last 20 years, its turnover has increased by 1,485%
- the incredible demand from the public has increased exponentially its prices
- along with names like Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst and Shepard Fairey, is among the world's best-selling artists
- is at the first post in the ranking of the best-selling artists in 2020 on a global scale Murakami is everywhere.
His incredible production is not limited to fine art: he is still a sculptor and designer, as well as requested by the most important fashion houses, such as Louis Vuitton and Supreme. So why is it said to have failed?
In summer 2020, Takashi Murakami posted a touching 15-minute video on his official Instagram profile in which he explained how Covid-19 forced him to stop one of his projects in particular..
To find out more, read the article on our blog!